This Specification defines the design, quality and types of workmanship and materials, and the performance standards and guarantees for exhaust blowers.
Tri-Mer Corporation shall furnish exhaust blower(s) with auxiliaries and options described. Each exhaust blower includes but is not limited to the following:
- Housing and internals necessary to provide adequate chemical resistance and flow to achieve performance.
- Frame coated to resist specific chemicals as noted in process description.
- TEFC motors are standard.
- Impeller material is specified based on airstream components; the most common choices are 316L SS and FRP-coded carbon steel.
Exhaust Blowers Design
- Exhaust blower housings are manufactured of PVC or Polypropylene. Vendor will select the most appropriate material for the application.
- Testing is in accordance with AMCA standards.
- Bearings shall be visible and accessible for inspection and maintenance. Bearing life shall have a minimum of 20,000 hours at a L10 rating.
- The blower motor shall be designed for a static pressure capability of the specified pressure drop.
- The sound levels generated by the Vendor furnished equipment during normal operation shall not exceed 85 dBA-weighted, slow response, under free field condition, at a horizontal distance of 10 feet from the surface of sound generation.
- Vendor shall provide electric motor and drives for each unit. Vendor shall be responsible for the selection of the motor characteristics and the motor mounting.
- Specially designed shaft seals shall be provided with the blower, assuring no internal liquors or air stream to be in contact with the fan shaft.
- An access port shall be provided on the housing to allow for impeller inspection.
- Impeller construction shall be of an appropriate material designed to withstand attack of contaminants in the air-stream.
- Fan impeller wheels shall be a minimum of Class II, with Class III and Class IV available.
- All equipment manufactured by Tri-Mer Corporation is warranted under the standard Tri-Mer Corporation one-year warranty. All purchased components are warranted under the respective manufacturer warranty.
Standard purchased components furnished on Tri-Mer Corporation exhaust blowers are as follows:
- Browning or equal drive package
- Fan Base epoxy-paint black
- Bolted inspection door
- Drain at low point in housing
- Flanged outlet
- Fan with standard efficiency TEFC motor
- Polypropylene or PVC shaft and bearing guard
Components Supplied by End User
- Tie downs, guy wires, anchor bolts and foundations
- Field assembly
- Field wiring
- Drain piping
- Mating flanges to customer connections, hardware and gaskets
- Connecting duct from process (see options)
- Heat tracing and insulation
- Motor weather cover
- Flex connectors
- Exhaust stack
- Backdraft dampers
Horizontal (crossflow) scrubber shown with redundant recirculation pumps and Tri-Mer Exhaust Blower. Scrubber and blower are constructed of UV White Polypropylene.